A new tag has to be memorised into your security system for it to operate - this is called ‘code learning’. The coding instructions can be found in your owners manual (which you can download from our website if yours is misplaced) or detailed below. In order to carry out ‘code learning’ you will need to have either an existing working tag or know the PIN code (if applicable) for your system.
TAG15 - PROGRAMMING TOUCH KEYS (maximum 3):
- Disarm the system with existing touch key or by using the PIN code override
- Within 20 seconds of disarm, turn the ignition off/on 5 times (OFF-ON, OFF/ON, OFF/ON, OFF/ON, OFF/ON) Leaving in the ON position. The LED will light solid
- Touch the receptacle with the 1st touch key for 1 second, LED will flash once
- Touch the receptacle with the 2nd touch key for 1 second, LED will flash twice
- Touch the receptacle with the 3rd touch key for 1 second, LED will flash three times
- The system will complete the programming sequence after the 3rd touch key is programmed or the ignition is turned OFF.
TAG25 - PROGRAMMING TOUCH KEYS (maximum 4):
- Disarm the system with an existing tag or by using the PIN override
- Open the drivers door and leave open
- Turn the ignition ON/OFF 3 times
- The LED will flash 3 times (beeper will beep 3 times) to confirm learning mode
- Within 10 seconds present the 1st tag to the antenna LED will flash once (beeper will beep once)
- Repeat up to 4 tags 2 beeps for 2nd tag, 3 beeps for 3rd tag, etc
- Leave system for 10 seconds to complete the learning procedure.