Alarm Sensors & Switches
Alarm Sensors & Switches
All car alarms can be improved with the addition of different types of sensors.
Shock sensors detect impacts to the vehicle - these can be bumper to bumper, or attempted break in.
Glass break sensors trigger the alarm by detecting sounds similar to that of breaking glass.
Ultrasonic sensors detect a change to the vehicles interior environment such as the opening of a door, window or hatch (as used in caravans), removal of glass.
Microwave sensors detect physical movement in and around your vehicle - great for soft-tops !
PIR sensors detect movement inside your vehicle and are suited to vans, ute canopies and larger vehicle types.
The MSU2 is an interface module allowing you to fit any of these sensors to an existing factory car alarm. As used by NZ government departments.
- MSU2 - Factory Alarm Sensor EnhancementBuy a brand new car today and you may find it is equipped with keyless entry (remote central locking) and engine immobilisation.A few may include a very basic car alarm. All these basic alarms just sound the horn if a door or boot is opened illegally.But they don't offer any alarm protection if a thief breaks in via the glass areas, sunroof, soft-top or ute canopy. The Mongoose designed and developed MSU2 module allows for the connection of any of our car...
- MGB6000/8000 - Glass Break SensorsThe MBG6000 / 8000 Glass Break Sensors have a separate microphone to detect the sound of glass breaking. It is not a impact/shock sensor as it only reacts to the actual sound of glass breakage. Standard part on all Mongoose 'G' models. Suitable for all Mongoose models. Also suitable for connection to factory fitted alarm systems (extra components may be required) MGB6000: Suitable for M20 and M60 series MGB8000: Suitable for MAP70, M80, MAP80 series
- MMW80D - Microwave (Radar) SensorThe dual zone microwave sensors (radar) protect both the inside and outside of your vehicle when fitted to a suitable alarm system. An intrusion into the exterior zone will chirp the siren, whilst an intrusion into the interior zone will fully sound the siren. They are adjustable for zone field size. Certain alarms only permit single zone protection and this product should be used to protect the interior zone. MMW1100D - suits MAP1100S and all M20 models MMW80D - suits all M60, M80, MAP80...
- MUM80 - Ultrasonic SensorUltra-high frequency sound fills the interior of your vehicle - activates your alarm if any change to the interior environment. Ultrasonic sensors fill the interior of your vehicle with inaudible ultra-high frequency sound waves. Any disturbance will cause the alarm system to trigger.Only suitable for hard top and fully enclosed vehicles.
- Impact / Shock SensorsTwo-stage impact(shock) sensorsImpact sensors, also known as shock or vibration sensors, are designed to detect impacts to the vehicle. There are 2 levels of detection (depending on alarm functions). The first stage just chirps the siren if the sensor detects light impacts to warn away any other possible attack. Heavier impacts cause the alarm to sound fully. All models are adjustable for sensitivity.Suitable for any alarm with a negative trigger. MES20 suits Mongoose models M20, M40...
- PIR SensorThe MPIR is a PIR (passive infrared) movement sensor which can connect to any Mongoose vehicle security alarm system.This sensor detects movement of heat usually generated by moving human bodies. It is normally used inside motorhomes, truck bodies, utility canopies or other large volume motor bodies.
- EDR200 5 Pin RelayA 12 volt 5 pin relay together with mounting block and pre-wired ready for installation. Many vehicle uses and usually used as an engine immobiliser, an individual central locking relay - use anywhere a relay is required.